ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & FOCUS:
- Propagates plants from cuttings, seeds, and division.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 16 years old.
- Ability to work consistently, reads and follows instructions, and works with others as part of a team.
- Previous nursery experience preferred.
- Must be coordinated and fast with eyes and hands.
- Learns and develops specific knowledge as it relates to the production of our product line.
- Proficient in mathematics and reading.
- Brute strength is not necessary, but stamina and endurance are critical.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds is required.
Base rate hourly pay: $9.77 – $11.67 per hour with time and ½ for overtime
Starting wage dependent on experience:
- Zero or no farm experience = $9.77/hour
- One to Two years of farm experience = $10.08/hour
- Three plus years of farm experience = $10.54/hour
Piece rate pay:
Piece rate pay accounts for some compensation while other activities are paid at your normal hourly rate. Some piecework activities will be performed individually and others in teams of up to 4 people. Depending on your and your team’s performance you may earn above or below your normal hourly rate for the week average but never lower than the federally established minimum wage; however, piece rate compensation does not guarantee minimum wage on any given project.
Seasonal benefits as described by our policy handbook.
Bonus potential – 4% of gross earnings less bonuses. Eligibility is subject to attendance and employment standards. See policy handbook for details.
Paid Medical Leave: 40 hours prorated based on hire date.
We are an equal opportunity employer