Number of Hires for this Role:
- This person is the sales force for both the LiveWall planted wall system (for leads that come in nationally) and for LiveWall plants, for customers in our local region (MI, IN, IL, WI) and receives support from and works collaboratively with the designer/estimator.
- Must be particularly adept, confident and committed to providing professional service by phone—as the majority of sales leads come to us in this manner. And, must be professional with email correspondence and remote meetings, such as Zoom or Teams.
- Committed to and comfortable with selling high quality architectural-grade products.
- Must possess and convey a love of Plants, People and Planet in a mission to balance the constructed world with the natural world by incorporating the beauty and value of plants in vertical applications, both outdoors and indoors.
- Exceptional at listening to and interviewing prospects and clients, so as to understand their needs and to help them to realize their creative vision.
- Committed to using the Integrity Selling method, to assist prospects and clients, to guide them toward choosing to purchase LiveWall products.
- Educates landscape architects, building architects, building owners, home owners, facility managers, developers, and general contractors as to the merits of the LiveWall system.
- Is well organized, self-motivated and hard-hard working, determined to meet and exceed company and personal goals.
- Must embrace DIRT (doing it right the first time) and is committed to following current best practices and improving upon them with customers’ and your own ideas for improvement.
- Team player committed to working with colleagues in an office and nursery environment and is enthusiastic about working collaboratively with professional like-minded colleagues.
- Utilizes good keyboarding and computer skills to maintain files and to provide rapid information flow to prospects and customers.
- Uses an organized approach to follow-up with prospects and specifiers.
- Occasional travel to visit customers and prospects.
- Infrequent participation in tradeshows
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Mission Driven-Hard working, helpful, thoughtful, team oriented and compelled to do what is right for others, the environment and for the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience/education in Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Design, Art, Sales, Ecology or Business. The particular field of study is less important than the right person, one who fully embraces the product, mission, opportunity and standards detailed in this job description.
- Good work ethic with strong drive for achievement and ability to derive satisfaction from a job well done.
- Excited about learning something new every day. Committed to developing expertise.
- Sales experience, proven track record and drive to close sales.
- A strong interest in plants and design.
- Knowledgeable of plants for indoor and outdoor growing.
- Knowledgeable of the basics of how buildings are constructed (or interested in acquiring such knowledge).
- Assertive, determined sales/presenter professional.
- Excellent phone and face-to-face communication skills.
- Comfortable interacting with Architects, Owners, and Contractors.
- Able to close sales for “current opportunities” but also determined to play the long game of developing a sales pipeline through specifiers and builders who are working on future projects.
- Valid Driver’s License, and eligible for company motor vehicle insurance.
- Adept at making infrequent presentations and conducting tours to small groups.
- 401 k (matching)
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- One location with travel as needed