It is relatively easy to remove a LiveRoof module to access the roof deck.
- First, using a flat bladed shovel, probe the planting to locate the container edge.
- Then peel away some plant material. This is easy to do as the root systems of LiveRoof® plants is fibrous and easy to separate (not at all like sod).
- Using a sturdy pair of pliers, lift up and remove the exposed module.
- Any additional modules may be removed by trimming around them with the handle of a spoon and lifting them up.
- Once you are finished, replace the modules.
Important: Never use sharp instruments around roof membranes.